Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What are my chances at UCSD?

My GPA is 3.6 only counting a-g requirements. Total sat score 1900. I have 200 hours of volunteer work at various hospitals. I did a full internship at UCSD clinical research center for about 6 weeks. I have letters of recommendation from two doctors there. I took mostly Honors and AP classes.

What are my chances at UCSD?
Academically, you sound like a dream.





Racially...what flavor are you.





The Regents at UCSD are notoriously 'progressive' in their selection process.





Hey...don't call *ME* racist...I'm not the one doing the profiling.





**** Edit ****


Please forgive my grouchiness yesterday. UCSD's affirmative action programs and how imbalanced they are toward non-Americans (whatever race, mind you!) is a giant pet peeve of mine.





Things may have changed greatly in the many years since I applied and was rejected...I will honestly say that my SATs were no where NEAR as good as yours. 1900 is absolutely FANTASTIC and you have every right to be proud of that score!!!





Do at least try and apply. Their Pre-Med and Med-schools are among the best in the Nation. I pray you succeed in your acceptance there.


No comments:

Post a Comment