Friday, July 16, 2010

I'd like to go to grad school, but didn't get any research experience as an undergrad. Where can I get it now?

I'm graduating after this semester (in February 2008) with a BA in psychology and a BA in history. I hope to begin a masters program in clinical or counseling psychology within the next year or so, but I didn't get any research experience during undergrad. I know research experience is important if you are trying to get into a ph d program in psychology, but is it absolutely essential for admission to a masters program in an applied area like clinical or counseling? If so, where can I get it now that I'm no longer in college?

I'd like to go to grad school, but didn't get any research experience as an undergrad. Where can I get it now?
It is not essential to have it. You will get the experience in graduate school. That is what graduate school is for! Hopefully you will find an adviser in your MS program that will give you good guidance for proper research.


No comments:

Post a Comment