Friday, July 16, 2010

Unemployment?

I was wondering if you can't find a job in your particular field, should you work a lower level position until you find something. I work clinical research but the industry seems to be slow right now. I would like to know if I should work in data entry (example) until I find employment?





If so how do you explain this to a potential employer when you are being interviewed?

Unemployment?
Earlier in my career I took jobs that I knew were dead end and had nothing to do with my career path. It is very hard to recover from making this move and finding an employer to give you a chance. I would consider locating an agency that specializes in the medical industry so you can at least remain in this field even if the jobs are temporary.
Reply:It really depends on if you are holding out for a management position or you really need to get bills paid. If you have a surplus that will allow you to take time out for a search that will get you closer to what you want then go for it. On the other hand, getting something for the time being would mean less surplus will be used. Good luck to you in your endeavor. I have been there a time or two and know it can be done with the right attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment