Thursday, August 19, 2010

Working in a Laboratory?

Hi I'm a university student working as a lab assistant at a cancer research laboratory. I am involved directly with some of the research so my question is:





Does this count as "clinical contact in a health service environment"?

Working in a Laboratory?
I do not believe so, but it is still incredible helpful if your applying to medical school or similar. Research is highly valued in the admissions process.





Call the local hospital and arrange to volunteer, many hospitals have specific procedures for volunteers to get your patient contact hours.





The other idea (what i did) is to shadow a doctor (especially if they are ER or a staff doc) and get your contact hours that way. I also became an EMT and that helps

teeth grinding guard

No comments:

Post a Comment