Thursday, August 19, 2010

Long term Prozac user stops taking medication & needs help!?

I've been taking antidepressants for over 10 years now and would love to hear from people who have ceased using Prozac. I am a sufferer of clinical depression (PTSD), chronic pain, anxiety %26amp; insomnia, all of which seem to be under control with therapy.


Over the last 2 yrs (under the supervision of my Psychiatrist), I've come down from 60mg to none. I ceased using all Prozac about 8 weeks ago %26amp; am still suffering quite badly from "Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome". I have all the symptoms of ADS excluding the suicidal ideations, which I only experienced for one day.


I've reasearched this condition for weeks now, and am struggling to find any research done on long term users of Prozac. Most cases are short term.


I'm very close to taking a low dose Prozac again %26amp; thought I would reach out one final time before doing so. Has anyone out there ceased using prozac, after long term use, under full drs supervision, that has managed to successfully %26amp; happily stay off them permanently?

Long term Prozac user stops taking medication %26amp; needs help!?
I know a lot of people who were on Prozac and have changed to other antidepressants. That's not unusual. What's unusual is for a person to go off of Prozac and not start on a new medication, like Cymbalta. You need to try another medication.





I know of very few people who are able to go from taking an antidepressant long term to not taking any at all. Usually people who have needed the antidepressant for a long time are people who are lacking something chemically which is the reason they need the medication. Most people who can go off of antidepressants all together and stay off are people who had situational depression, depression due to some loss or bad experience. Depression due to a chemical missing is different. Those people could be depressed after marrying their dream person and winning the lottery! They just can't control it and situations don't have any impact.





Needing an antidepressant because your body is missing some chemical is no more shameful than needing insulin because your pancreas isn't creating enough. I'd really encourage you to get on another medication. Good luck.
Reply:See this video, she stop using anti-drepresants too.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5Qzfcf-...


And all videos of Psichthruth.


This is my favorite:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4P5Pmdvg...


No comments:

Post a Comment