Thursday, August 19, 2010

Science chat groups or extremely active forums?

I feel the need to stimulate my mind by discussing my research and the research of others in the scientific community. In work, we are focused on one aspect so I don't get a ton of time in to discuss other important research topics. Pretty much everyone I work with is older and Asian, so there is a communication barrier and I am a white 27 year old with a masters degree in neuroimmunology... a field that isn't that important in our current clinical studies on cancer. Anyone know where I can find an active research forum or chat group (not one that 1 person posts to every 2 days)? Thanks

Science chat groups or extremely active forums?
Nope sorry...I cant read...But I had fun looking at all those squggly things up there...








Neuroimmunology would be such a finite field that I am sure the chances of a chat group are kinda slim...


But you could go to Yahoo and start your own Yahoo Group...


Then you would have to figure out how to draw people with your own passions to the group......








Or you might want to stimulate the ol noodle by getting interested in other topics perhaps with no other motive than just as you say "stimulate the mind"......Perhaps we could interest you in Bigfoot or Alien abductions....








Oh yea Just a little FYI...I got my PHD a while back....





Yup the good ol Post Hole Diggers are leaning against the barn even as we speak!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment