Thursday, August 19, 2010

Will a PsyD psychology program reject my application if.....?

I have no research experience? I am much more interested in the clinical aspects of psychology, and much less so in research. Because of this, I am persuing a PsyD as oppsed to a PhD, and I am focusing more on gaining clinical experience (such as volunteering at the psych ward at a hospital, volunteering at a nursing home, volunteering at a suicide hotline, etc.). Will my applications be rejected? Should I hurry up and get some research experience before I apply? Please help!

Will a PsyD psychology program reject my application if.....?
You pretty much have your head examined for applying for any job nowadays. They think you're crazy for applying for work.
Reply:Do you do this volunteering that you mentioned? The psych ward, nursing home, and hotline? If so, then I think you're okay. I'm also going for psych, and am considering a PsyD as opposed to a PhD b/c I'm not a researcher. Make sure to look up the stats on the school you are applying to though and see what they recommend, like whether or not a background in research is "highly recommended" or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment