Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I plan on going to CRNA school... How long should I wait? Words of wisdom?

I will most likely get in when I apply. I am not being cocky, I just have worked really hard to have the grades and reputation, I am a dedicated employee at work and outside, and I know the right people. I have worked hard and researched to death to position myself as an excellent candidate basically (it didn't come naturally...lol)


I have been an SICU nurse for a little over a year. I am a mother to a 4 month old. In light of my length of experience and the age of my child, how long should I wait to apply? I want to have enough clinical experience to feel comfortable when I start. I also don't want to dedicate myself to a two year program if it is going to be rough on my son. I also don't want my current classes to expire. I was thinking about applying next fall for the following fall 2009.





Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. ;)





Note: the masters program is two years and intense. 60+ hour work weeks plus studying for masters class exams

I plan on going to CRNA school... How long should I wait? Words of wisdom?
Considering you have a son to take care of, I would advise you to take the courses in the fall of 2009. Atleast by then you can hire a babysitter to take care of him and it would be much better than taking it this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment